Types of Braces
- The most common type of braces.
- Made of high-grade stainless steel.
- Today’s metal braces are smaller, more comfortable and more attractive.
- Translucent (clear) material.
- Most popular with adult patients, due to their cosmetic appeal.
- Drawback to ceramic brackets is that they are more fragile, and the elastic ties can discolor between orthodontic visits.
- Utilizes (sliding-door) technology known as “self-ligation” that allows the wire to slide back and forth within the bracket.
- No elastic or steel ties are used with Damon® brackets.
- Less friction and results in greater comfort for the patient.
In addition, reduce both treatment time and the number of adjustments that are usually performed.
- Series of clear overlay templates—called aligners—that have been generated by computer simulation to gradually move the teeth.
- Available to adult patients with certain orthodontic bite problems.
- Custom-designed Invisalign system just right for the dental needs of teenagers.
- Blue Dot Wear Indicator to show how long each aligner has been worn.
- Six free replacement aligners in case some are lost or broken.